Statement of Jama’ah Muslimin (Hizbullah)
Supporting the End of Gaza Blockade
Regarding the blockade on Palestine’s Gaza Strip and all Palestinian territories, Jama’ah Muslimin (Hizbullah) conveys the following statements:
- Palestine is the only nation on earth that is still under occupation by the Israelis. This phenomenon should be considered as human crime by all nations so that the Israel must end the occupation. Israeli colonization to Palestine remains as a violation toward international law, and human rights.
- The world community should be more serious to make efforts to stop the occupation, at least the blockade on Gaza Strip. The blockade has clearly made the region as the biggest prison in the world. Gazans can not life normally as other communities. They got starvation, children drop out of school, hospital’s patients do not receive medical care, they are even dying due to the lack of medicine.
- The Gaza Strip right now becomes a killing field of Zionist Israel. Many times in the last 20 years, they deliberately and systematically attacked the region, using modern war machines even chemical weapons which prohibited by the United Nations. The world witnessed how the number of astounding bombs were dropped, killing many people and damaging a very large scale infrastructure. Gazans have been killed and others living in a pathetic condition due to a permanent disability both physically and mentally.
- Palestinians, especially Gazans has right to have normal life. So we appeal to all parties to end its blockade of Gaza and open the Rafah and other gates. Stop attacking Gaza because no party is justified to attack, kill and slaughter a human being on earth. As Al-Qur’an mentions in Q.S. Al-Ma’idah : 32
من أجل ذٲلك ڪتبنا على بنى إسرٲءيل أنه من قتل نفسا بغير نفس أو فساد فى ٱلأرض فڪأنما قتل ٱلناس جميعا ومن أحياها فڪأنمآ أحيا ٱلناس جميعا ولقد جآءتهم رسلنا بٱلبينت ثم إن كثيرا منهم بعد ذٲلك فى ٱلأرض لمسرفون
”Because of that We ordained for the Children of Israel: that whoever kills a person—unless it is for murder or corruption on earth—it is as if he killed the whole of mankind; and whoever saves it, it is as if he saved the whole of mankind. Our messengers came to them with clarifications, but even after that, many of them continue to commit excesses in the land."
- We urge the United Nations (UN) to immediately realize the recognition of Palestinian independence as a full sovereign nation as in the UN Partition of 1967. The UN should be able to force the Israeli to end the blockade on Gaza, stop the expansion of illegal settlements through the annexation of Palestinian land in the West Bank, and stop the destruction acts toward Masjidil Aqsa
- To Palestinian people, we call on you all to apply the reconciliation and build the unity. Allah commands in the Qur’an Surah Ali lmron verse 103; And hold fast to the rope of God, altogether, and do not become divided.. “As well as in Surah Al Hujurat verse 10:’ The believers are brothers, so reconcile between your brothers, and remain conscious of God, so that you may receive mercy..” On the basis of obedience to Allah, you will achieve the real win.
- To the Government of Egypt, we urge to give real support to Palestinians, especially to open the blockade, including opening the Raffah gate.
- To all Muslims, should not cease to provide support for Palestinian independence and liberation of Al Quds Al Sharief.
Israel can strike Gaza anytime due to the increasing geopolitical tensions in the region. Therefore, we urge international community to:
a. Keep boycott of Israeli products;
b. Collecting humanitarian assistance to alleviate the suffering of Palestinian people;
c. Say your prayers every day for the safety and peace in Palestine and Al Aqsa Mosque.
Only to Allah we worship, and to Him we ask for help.
Jakarta, 17 Dzulqadah 1436 Hijriyyah / August 20, 2016 AD