Statement of Jama’ah Muslimin (Hizbullah)
on Violence in Myanmar’s Rakhine State
Responding to the latest developments in Rakhine State, where hundreds of Rohingya Muslims were killed, thousands of others injured and driven from their homes, Jama’ah Muslimin (Hizbullah) issued the following statement :
- Strongly condemn Myanmar military for treating Rohingya Muslims inhumanely. If it continues, you . you will be dealing with Muslims all over the world.
- Muslims should stand united to give full attention to their brothers who are suffering in Rakhine State, given the words of Allah Ta’ala in Surah Al-Hujurat verse 10:
إنما ٱلمؤمنون إخوة … (
Meaning: “Indeed the believers are brothers …” (Qs. Al-Hujurat : 10)
- Humanitarian agencies should immediately delivery aid to penetrate the blockade in Rakhine state.
- United Nations and Human Rights organisations should be fair to Muslims. Muslims are part of world community, so they have rights as others.
- Myanmar should learn other countries which always protect religious minorities such as Indonesia, Egypt and Turkey.
- If Myanmar does not heed this call, we urge the Nobel Committee to revoke the Nobel Peace Prize presented to Myanmar leader, Aung San Suu Kyi.
- The Government of the Republic of Indonesia as the largest country in the ASEAN region urge the Government of Myanmar to stop the oppression against Muslims in Rakhine State.
- All Muslims should pray for their brothers in in Rakhine State in every time of regular prayers, Tajajud prayer, after reciting Quran and Umrah pray.
Jakarta, 18 Shafar 1438 / 18 November 2016